The Scheduler is an automation interface for the execution of tasks on a recurring and ad-hoc basis. Each task can have multiple actions and a task can be executed manually or based on a schedule. The Scheduler is installed and accessed just like any other Sharperlight desktop application but tasks can only be run on installations that have five or more full licenses.
- Create server based tasks to collate reports
- Optionally and conditionally execute reports that can store, save and email content
- Create multiple scenarios
- Include expression based logic and external calculations to drive scenarios
- Send notification and exception based reports
- Create and deliver automated Board Report packs
The Query Builder is the common user interface that is shared across the Sharperlight presentation layers. Irrespective of whether a query is crafted in Microsoft Excel®, in Publisher or using the Sharperlight web client, it is the same Query Builder that users interact with. This consistent look and feel for crafting queries is extremely important for an end-user audience because it accelerates the learning curve and simplifies the transition to other interfaces.
- Common across components
- Easy to understand interface
- Simple and Advanced Filtering enables rapid data selection
- Dynamic Selection list transforms available fields. Filter items from selection list
- Output items from the selection list or filters
- Add Expressions (calculated fields)
- Add Sub Query output fields
- Add Union Queries
- Add Drill Through functions
- Create advanced integration
The Sharperlight Web Channel is the common term for the web service that delivers published queries. This terminology is used because the list page can be branded with a custom title.
- Securely access published queries via any HTML standard device
- View data from any Datamodel in the Sharperlight framework
- View reusable queries in multiple formats; Charts, Tables, JSON and CSV, pivot and PDF
- Use Page Designer to deliver print perfect or web based reports like SSRS and PowerBI
The Page Designer introduces more control on the positioning and layout of report pages, and it addresses many of the printing limitations inherit in a web browser deployment. It uses a third party component library to provide the reporting engine and a graphical What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) report designer.
- Uses ActiveReports® design interface
- Add multiple report styles
- Use Query Builder to create datasets
- Good for designer output, payslips, invoices, link to any other report
- Preview the results
The Sharperlight Service delivers remote access to Datamodels and it has a REST Service that can render Query Builder queries in a browser. This web delivery supports filtering and the end-users can change the filter values and refresh the output. Multiple output layouts are available for the same query, so the same data set can be rendered as a table, chart, pivot table and an RSS feed.
- Each query has a unique URL address
- Accessible by any browser or integrated into an application
- Publish the query in real time with access to any Datamodel in the Sharperlight framework
- Rapid report development where the same dataset can be reused to deliver multiple styles
- Control access security and formatting